Monday, January 14, 2008

Time Takes Time

It's been a while since I've written a blog, and I will be honest with you, honest readers, as to why that is. I have given up on literature. I will not be writing about literature anymore.
And why? you ask. The answer, you don't want to hear, because, like most honest people, you are offended by truth. But I, David Pollock, have suffered a bout of mental illness.
Yes! Mental Illness! And instead of talking about books (books I haven't written because they are not very good) I would like to talk about myself.

You'll notice the title of this entry is "Time Takes Time" This is what my therapist, Sir Redmond Scott, tells me. And I agree with him. All of my problems go back to unclean relations I've had with my younger sister, Patricia Cornwell (No relation to the author, her last name is a product of her imagination which I have condoned).

I'm afraid I can't be very entertaining. Only that the bedlight was lit and blue, and that she asked I call her Margerie, after a neighbor we had, age fifty-six, with the ripest breasts this side of Blackville.

The very mention of my sister's name causes me distress. We, Patricia Cornwell and myself, are of the damned. You, faithful readers, hopefully are not.

When I am well, I will write again. In the meantime, here is my belated year-end reading list:

5)Tree on Smoky Water by Dennis Johnson
4)My Sister's Tree-Ripened Breasts by Nadine Gorimer
3)Carrie by Steven Khing
2)The Brief Wonderous Life of Junot Diaz by Oscar Wao

and...

1)My Mother, My Sister and Me by Susanna Sonnenburg

No comments: