Sunday, July 20, 2008

Emily Gould Wants what You Want

Dear readers, it's not often I post two blogs in a day, but I came across this entry by young model of desire, Emily Gould. Granted, her understanding of Lacanian thought is limited, I consider it a good try. There may be hope, after all. Add this as -6) to my top 5 list:

Yesterday morning I was walking to the LIRR when I crossed paths with a Lacanian teenager who was handing out postcards featuring the master discourse on the corner and each one came with a free granola bar. I took the granola bar and the postcard and at the next trash can I threw away the postcard. Then, two bites into the granola bar, I accidentally dropped it on the ground. A bum picked it up. I think he wanted it because I wanted it.

from http://www.emilymagazine.com/

No comments: